Monday, September 13, 2010

The Weekend

What a weekend! Sometimes it seems my weekends are more busy and stressful than work! Friday night I met up with me friend Kelly after work and we took her two kiddos and dog on a 3.5 mile urban hike. It was slow going for the first 2 miles, but I did have about 70lbs of resistance to bump up the work out. It was getting dark and cold so at the 2 mile point Kelly’s hubby George came and retrieved the kids and we continued on with the dog another 1.5 miles. We got home to a delicious dinner that George had made while we finished up our walk. Good man! Had a glass of wine with dinner; tortellini, salad and garlic bread. Yummmm! After dinner Kelly and I snuggled in on the couch to watch a movie on the TV. It was called White Out. I fell asleep 20min into it, so I have no idea if it was good or bad. Kelly said the ending was dumb. Saturday I woke up bright and early so Katy and I could a jump start on my second urban hike. We went to Forrest Park, so it was almost like a real hike. 5 miles later I was tired! However Katy still wanted to do some strength training, so squats and walking lunges were done (my booty was so sore yesterday). After the exercise extravaganza we walked to a cute French bakery for coffee and a delightful pastry. We then returned to Katy’s house for eggs with goat cheese, tomatoes and basil and an apple on the side, oh and more coffee! After food I promptly raced home to shower so I could head over to my friend Kelly’s to watch the U of O game and have our own mini Oktoberfest. I made hot German potato salad and there was also sausages, fondue, elephant ears and of course BEER! Sunday woke up early to go to yoga only to discover that my body was way too sore for it. So I opted out and instead did some light (5lb) weight lifting at home to get in my 2nd strength training session. The rest of the day was spent with my parents and purchasing a new mattress. And let me tell you I REALLY need a new one; my current mattress is 16 years old. It should come in 12-14 days……I am so excited! So all in all this was a very successful week, I met all my goals and am another week into being fit for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment